-->
5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Earlier today, I was checking my e-mail and noticed this fun looking recipe from my aunt. It's a recipe for making chocolate cake in the microwave. I'm a big fan of those Betty Crocker Warm Delights microwaveable cakes when I gotta have chocolate cake in 1 minute or less! This recipe looked pretty interesting, and I knew it was be a fun video topic! That's about all it was... I'll let you watch the video to see what I mean. Enjoy!



UPDATE: Thanks to your success stories, I tried it again with a few changes. I used self-rising flour and regular cocoa. I mixed it in a bowl first and poured it into the mug. I definitely recommend using the dark cocoa. Regular cocoa just doesn't have enough flavor. Also, unless you have a weak or old microwave, you don't need to cook it for 3 minutes. This time I only cooked mine for about 2 minutes. And let it cool! I know you want to eat it warm, but the texture changes drastically when it's cooled down! When it's hot, I gave it a 5 out of 10. When it cooled down I'd move that up to a 6.5 out of 10! Not much... but hey! It's a freakin microwaved cake! ;P


5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake (courtesy of The Internet by Al Gore... haha see what I did there?)
4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp oil
3 Tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
Splash of vanilla
1 large coffee mug (microwaveable)

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil. Mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract. Mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug. Don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate, if desired.
Eat! (This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous.)


Baca Juga
SHARE

Related Posts

Subscribe to get free updates

Post a Comment