-->
Carrabba's-inspired Lemon Bread Pudding

Carrabba's-inspired Lemon Bread Pudding

 I lost all control after the last bite of my first helping Carrabba's-inspired Lemon Bread PuddingYou'll have to excuse me. I literally just made love to this bread pudding........ twice. I couldn't help myself. I lost all control after the last bite of my first helping. I tricked myself into thinking the second plate would be for photographing purposes only. No, no, no, vice grips from hell couldn't pry the fork out of my fingers. You think I'm being a little too dramatic? You'll never know until you make this bread pudding for yourself. I was inspired by my favorite restaurant dessert, the Limoncello bread pudding at Carrabba's. I was afraid I'd never be able to come close to it when making it at home. That is until I found a recipe online for Carrabba's bread pudding! First, my head exploded. Then I came back to reality and got down to business. Heavy cream: check! Vanilla sugar: check! 7 eggs: check! Let's get it on!
 I lost all control after the last bite of my first helping Carrabba's-inspired Lemon Bread Pudding
Work it, baby, YEAH!
 I lost all control after the last bite of my first helping Carrabba's-inspired Lemon Bread PuddingI played around with this recipe a bit. I replaced the 1/4 cup limoncello in the custard with more milk. I used vanilla sugar because the bread pudding at Carrabba's has vanilla bean flecks in it. To give it a good lemony flavor I added the zest of two small lemons. And I omitted the lemon syrup because melted ice cream is all the sauce I need! ;D Btw, next time I make this (there will be many more "next times") I'm gonna try it in a water bath. I think that might help prevent the egg custard from over-baking on the sides.

Limoncello Bread Pudding (SOURCE: Carrabba's Italian Grill)
Serves 4 (Ha! You could easily serve 8!)

3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup Limoncello (I replaced this with more milk)
7 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar (I used vanilla sugar)
(I added the zest of 2 small lemons)

2 quarts stale bread (cut into cubes) (I used Challah)

1. In a mixing bowl add the cream, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and the Limoncello. Whisk together and pour over bread in a 9x9x2" or a 2-quart pan and let sit for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Cover the pudding with foil. Bake pudding in a conventional oven for 40-50 minutes or until pudding is set.

Limoncello Simple Syrup (I omitted this)
1/4 cup Limoncello
1/4 cup granulated sugar

1. Place Limoncello and sugar in a small sauce pan.
2. Bring to a boil stirring well to dissolve all the sugar.

To Serve
The bread pudding can be served warm or cold. Scoop Blue Bell vanilla ice cream on top of the bread pudding. Drizzle Limoncello syrup over ice cream and bread pudding. Place mint sprig on top of the ice cream.

Baca Juga
SHARE

Related Posts

Subscribe to get free updates

Post a Comment